- TAPP is registered under VSWA/ICT/639, Registration Authority Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Islamabad Capital Territory.
- TAPP is non-profitable, charitable, non-political organization which works for the Community health and Thalassemia Awareness & Prevention in Pakistan.
- The first and the foremost are to raise public and health professional awareness about the disease, its prevention and care.
- Organize workshops, seminars, lectures, distribution of literature to help disseminate information about recent developments in the diagnosis, control and treatment of Thalassemia.
- Screening of Thalassemia (Pre-marital, pre-conception or pre-natal ( within first 12 weeks of pregnancy)
- Supporting families (Index families) in the diagnosis and treatment of children with Thalassemia. Provision of free blood to deserving Thalassemia major patients, financial assistance to those requiring pre-natal diagnosis.
- Organize blood donation camps.
- Development of a national Thalassemia specific patient registry and to indicate any progress, changes and existing weaknesses and problems with regards to establishment of an effective control, prevention and management plan of Thalassemia.
- To strengthen awareness of Thalassemia among national authorities for its inclusion amongst national agenda priority items (pre-marital screening law etc).
- TAPP will enhance and promote Thalassemia major patients’ creativities.
- Work on building strong ties between government and local community.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” and your single step will lead us towards our destination “Thalassemia Free Pakistan”. The hope is that one day no child will be born with Thalassemia major in Pakistan In-sha-Allah. The continued dedication of all those who help in the fight against the disease will make this hope, a reality. Until then, prevention is the key.
Thalassemia Free Pakistan
Get tested, before it tests you!